Aston Institute for Forensic Linguistics (AIFL) is now seeking applications for three fully-funded PhD scholarships that will begin in September 2022 and will last three years. This AIFL PhD scholarships is a very competitive position is only open to international PhD students.
The Institute for Forensic Linguistics (AIFL) was founded in 2008 as the Centre for Forensic Linguistics and significantly expanded in 2019 after receiving a £5.5 million UK Government grant. AIFL centers on the use of language in legal and forensic contexts.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Aston Institute for Forensic Linguistics, UK
Scholarship Type: Fully funded
Host Institution(s): Aston University, Birmingham UK
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding with Stipends (See Benefits below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
AIFL PhD scholarships| Details
The chosen candidates will be provided a variety of training opportunities from AIFL and as part of The Aston Graduate School’s Doctoral Training Programme. You must answer to one of the two research area outlines for the two guided PhDs:
The Centre for Forensic Text Analysis is a non-profit organization dedicated to forensic text analysis (CFTA)
The Language and Law Centre is a non-profit organization dedicated to the study of language and (CLL)
Criteria for Applicant
The AIFL PhD scholarships require applicants to complete the following requirements:
- Applicants must be international students only.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a doctoral program in order to be considered for the AIFL PhD Scholarship.
- You’ll need to show your excitement, diligence, and organized approach, as well as a research proposal that aligns with their departmental and research center experience.
- You can look into possible areas of interest, and you can talk to supervisors about it.
AIFL PhD Scholarships – Fully Funded! Benefits
The following rewards will be available to successful applicants for the AIFL PhD scholarships:
- Fees – the bursary will cover the costs of three years of ordinary Aston University UK or foreign tuition.
- £16,000 stipend to satisfy housing and living expenses.
- A £1,000 conference fund is available each year to help you attend national or international conferences where you will be speaking.
How to Apply
For casual questions concerning the AIFL PhD Scholarships application, please contact the person you’d want to be your supervisor, or Professor Tim Grant (email@example.com) for more general questions.
The deadline for applications is February 28, 2022.
For further information, go to the official website.