The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
Job Title: Chauffeur
Employment type: Full time
- Under the direct supervision of Marine Gunny, incumbent operates a variety of armor and non-armored motor vehicles to transport Mission personnel, including, including VIP visitors, TDY staff, delegations and field trips.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance, cleaning of vehicle and completes trip ticket to notate each trip taken on their shift, including mileage, fuel condition of vehicle, and passenger details.
- Incumbent may be required to drive Chief of Mission, Deputy Chief of Mission and Consul General. This is not a supervisory position.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Minimum of 3 years professional driving experience is required.
- Completion of Secondary School or a high school diploma is required.
- Thorough knowledge of Abuja and other Nigeria cities, as well as good knowledge of automotive, mechanical, safety and maintenance practices i.e. checking fluids and tire pressure are required. Must be familiar with local traffic laws, traffic patterns, and locations of various government offices.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a valid Nigerian Class B or D driver’s license. Ability to work on rotational shift schedule, as well as the ability to drive carefully and cautiously in heavy and chaotic traffic situations are required.
- Ability to recognize a hazardous or dangerous situation and take appropriate action is required. Ability to communicate clearly on phone and/or by radio and follow instruction.
USD $26,915 (NGN3,889,576) Annually.
Application Closing Date
6th July, 2021