Commercial Director at Hilton Worldwide
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide Hotels & Resorts is the most well-known brand in the industry, and it is the fashionable, forward-thinking global leader in hospitality. Because of our inventive approach to products, amenities, and service, Hilton has been synonymous with hotels for over 92 years. With our clever design, creative culinary concepts, genuine hospitality, and commitment to the global community, we make traveling easier. Hilton Worldwide provides a genuine and contemporary experience for our guests around the world, with over 540 locations in 78 countries. Our guest rooms are stylish and functional, with thoughtful amenities. And, with our Request Upon Arrival service, you can rest assured that your room will be tailored to your preferences from the minute you arrive.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Administration / Secretarial
- Requisition ID: HOT07UPW
- Deadline: Not specified.
The Commercial Director at Hilton Worldwide, O&M EMEA is in charge of creating a commercial strategy that encompasses all sectors and channels in order to maximize total revenue, profit, and market share penetration for the hotel.
What Am I Going To Do at Hilton Worldwide?
- The Commercial Director, O&M EMEA is in charge of establishing a commercial strategy that encompasses all sectors and channels in order to maximize total revenue, profit, and market share penetration for the hotel in EMEA.
- This position will support the Revenue Management team, Sales, Catering and Events, Marketing, eCommerce, and Public Relations departments, as well as work effectively with area support teams, to plan and execute the commercial strategy and activity. Commercial F&B operations will be handled among the F&B Manager, Director of Operations, General Manager, and Commercial Director.
- The Commercial Director serves as a role model for the EMEA commercial community, developing teams and individuals in these responsibilities while serving as a key business partner to the Hotel General Manager. They help hotels get the most out of their Hilton Worldwide Sales staff. The job of the Commercial Director is critical in capturing new prospects through strong customer relationships and serving as an ambassador for the firm with our owners and key stakeholders.
- The role ensures that commercial management plans are in place for all revenue streams, and that all systems are being utilized to their greatest ability in order to generate the most money from every available space, whether in Rooms, Meeting Space, outlets, or other revenue departments.
- Future talent will be led, coached, developed, recruited, and retained by a Commercial Director. While working effectively as part of a 4D structure on property, he/she will monitor performance, develop, and assess commercial team members based on agreed-upon KPIs.
A Commercial Director at Hilton Worldwide will fulfill the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Directly responsible for driving the top line budget and forecast by developing and executing a commercial strategy and business plan using the Hilton Worldwide Commercial Focus process as well as all available business tools and intelligence. Deliver the projected revenues at a minimum across all revenue streams, including but not limited to: All Rooms, GC&E, F&B, Leisure and Spa, with cost of sale, route to market, channel shift, and marketing / Ecommerce potential under control.
- Assist the GM, Finance Director, and Operations Director in maximizing earnings in accordance with TGOP and EBITDA targets.
- Ensure that all Pricing & Rate Quotation Strategies are in place in accordance with Business Review Guidelines (current to + 5 years) in order to maximize all pricing components of sales and catering opportunities and achieve positive group market share.
- Assist different On Property, RDOS, and Area Marketing teams in organizing marketing, sales, and public relations efforts at the hotel level. To bring the most value to hotel performance, communicate with regional support and brand teams.
- Consistently adheres to Hilton brand guidelines and corporate identity, and makes full use of all available communication methods (under the guidance of regional marketing and BPS).
- Keeps up with market trends and adjusts strategy as needed to keep up with changing market conditions.
- Participate in the Hotel and Region’s leadership activities.
What exactly are we looking for at Hilton Worldwide?
A Hilton Commercial Director is continually working on behalf of our guests and collaborating with other Team Members. To be effective in this role, you must have the following attitude, behaviors, abilities, and values:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the hospitality/travel business in a revenue-generating or commercial services job is required.
- 3+ years of expertise delivering sales strategies, presentations, and other similar materials to top executives and constituency groups
- 3+ years of experience working in a matrixed or collaborative environment
- 3+ years of experience using financial data from departments to make strategic and tactical decisions
- Experience managing a sales or commercial team for at least 3 years is required.
- Fluent in English
It would be advantageous for you to display the following abilities and distinctions in this position:
- 3+ years of experience working in a multi-complex hotel or tourism business setting.
- Experience in a variety of fields, including marketing, e-commerce, and finance.
- Local language is a valuable asset to have.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Hilton Worldwide on jobs.hilton.com to apply.