Credit Risk Officer at Norrenberger Financial Group
Norrenberger is a renowned, independent financial services firm that offers individualized financial solutions to both individual and institutional clients. Our component companies are licensed and regulated to provide Investment Banking, Fund Management, Financial Advisory, and Stockbroking services to our discerning clientele by either the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) or the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
We’re looking for someone to fill the following position:
- Job Title: Credit Risk Officer
- Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Employment Type: Full-time
Job Description of the Credit Risk Officer at Norrenberger Financial Group
- In the domain of the Group’s loan and investment operations, the Credit Risk Officer is responsible for maintaining effective credit risk management and implementing the credit/investment risk framework.
- To protect asset quality and reduce potential losses, he/she will assist in the identification, appraisal, and management of credit and investment transactions.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Review the completed loan application form and provide feedback on any missing or confusing documents, ensuring that all essential supporting documents for the credit analysis have been submitted.
- Conduct credit evaluations and analyses for retail and small business clients, and make suitable recommendations based on credit policies.
- Ascertain that the proposed facility is structured effectively in relation to transaction dynamics, payback structure, and the cashflow of the client.
- Ensure that you are adhering to the target market’s requirements.
- For each loan request, conduct a risk assessment and credit scoring.
- Perform a financial and non-financial business study on the proposed request, and analyze the financial ratios and performance indicators that are generated.
- Recommend credit for final approval, follow up with the required DLA to ensure requests are processed on schedule, and notify market-facing units of approval.
- Ensure that all pre-disbursement requirements are met; that limits are monitored; and that all maturing repayments and account receivables are collected.
- Identification of credit-related early warning signs and early detection of potential problems before they become serious
- Prepare the rendition of all essential regulatory returns in a timely basis.
- Prepare Capital Adequacy Ratios and loan impairment in accordance with CBN prudential standards and IFRS requirements in collaboration with the Financial Control Department (FINCON).
- With the relationship management team, make credit call visits to customers.
- Ensure that all security documentation complies with the terms of approval and is enforceable by working with the Legal Unit.
- Ensure that customer loan documentation is properly filled out in accordance with CBN prudential guidelines.
- Builds relationships with Relationship Managers and Relationship/Platform Officers in order to increase the quality of business proposals and credit review turnaround times.
- Perform credit status inquiries and serve as a conduit for data transmission to other credit agencies (CRMS, CR, CRC e.t.c)
- Reviewing the credit portfolio for consistency in quality, performance, and adherence to approved terms and conditions, as well as the credit policy
- Determine whether accounts are in need of prudential classification and transmit them to the recovery team.
- Examine and recommend improvements to existing Credit Risk policies.
- Prepare risk reports for the Risk Management Committee and other Board committees as needed.
- Internal (credit personnel) and external (as needed) staff training
- Carry out any additional obligations that the Head, Enterprise Assurance Group
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or business administration is required.
- 4–5 years of post-NYSC credit risk management experience in the financial services industry, primarily in the MSME and retail segments.
- ACA and ACCA are examples of professional qualifications.
- Credit administration and delinquency management experience will be advantageous.
- Good understanding of CBN credit and loan policy, as well as retail banking and microlending.
Application Closing Date
The deadline for applications is April 23, 2022.
Interested and qualified candidates should email their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Job Title.”
Note: Applicants must live in Abuja, Nigeria at the time of application.