Data Scientist at Mono
Mono is a technology firm on a goal to fuel Africa’s digital economy by employing open banking as a layer for financial data, identity data, and business bank transfer payments.
- Job Title: Data Scientist
- Location: Lagos
- Job Type: Full-Time
We’re seeking for a Data Scientist to help Mono improve its company by analyzing vast amounts of raw data and finding trends. We’ll rely on you to provide data products from which we can derive useful business insights. You’ll interpret data sets using your analytical, statistical, and programming skills, and then apply that information to generate data-driven solutions to our business difficulties.
The ideal applicant is skilled at analyzing huge data sets to identify potential for product and process improvement, as well as applying models to test the efficacy of various strategies. You must have extensive knowledge with data mining/data analysis methodologies, data tools, designing and implementing models, using/creating algorithms, and creating/running simulations.
If you want to pursue a profession that allows you to pursue your passion for finding answers hidden in massive data sets while also working with a fun team to enhance business outcomes, we’d love to work with you to make that happen. Mono recognizes the importance of hiring, developing, and providing value to members of our team, and we can’t wait for you to join us!
- Building, maintaining, and monitoring machine learning models, infrastructure, and an ETL pipeline, as well as deriving relevant insight from client data to aid decision-making in the construction process.
- Ability to sift through large amounts of data for meaningful information and present the results.
- Source missing data.
- Using data to change how we approach business problems.
- Extract data from a variety of sources.
- Increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue creation, ad targeting, and other company results via predictive modeling.
- Sift through and analyze data from a variety of perspectives, looking for patterns that indicate problems or possibilities.
- Finding answers to specific issues through analyzing data for trends and patterns.
- Databases are created, implemented, and maintained.
- Create visualization of data
- Worked with python extensively and learned the principles of software engineering.
- A thorough understanding of machine learning models and how to scale ETL pipelines is required.
- A proven track record of delivering real-world machine learning solutions.
- Ability to translate analytical discoveries into clear recommendations and communicate them effectively to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A strong feeling of ownership, product intuition, and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
If you’re a Data Scientist at Mono, you’ll succeed if you;
- Have a good understanding of facts and strategic thinking.
- Strive for accuracy and take an analytical approach to your work.
Mono is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. Our goal is to help members of our team grow and contribute in a dynamic, forward-thinking workplace. We believe in cultivating a work environment that allows workers to be their best selves while also producing their best work. Regardless of race/color, national origin/ethnicity, religion, age, marital status, sex, gender, or sexual orientation, we make hiring decisions based purely on our company needs and individual merit.
- Stock Options
- Flexible working hours
- Remote Friendly
- Health Insurance
- Training Budget
- Team Building events
- Yearly off-site
- Free Launch
Instructions for Submitting an Application – Please Read!
Click the “Apply for this Job” button to begin the application process. Please double-check everything because we are a company that values accuracy.