Financial Accountant | NLNG Ship Management Ltd
On the 9th of October 2008, NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML), a subsidiary of Nigeria LNG Limited, was formed as a private limited liability business. Training, manning, fleet management, terminal management, and advisory services are all part of the company’s shipping services.
We’re looking for candidates for the following positions:
- Job Title: Financial Accountant
- REF: NSF/11/2022/01/001
- Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Job Grade: Officer
- Status: Permanent
- To develop and maintain suitable financial and accounting systems and procedures with built-in controls for NSML in order to deliver accurate financial information, analysis, and required reporting.
- To ensure full conformity with important international accounting standards, concepts, and principles while maintaining the integrity of financial transactions in NSML’s General Ledger.
Responsibilities for Financial Accountant | NLNG Ship Management Ltd
Some of the obligations include the following:
- Maintain the financial database and guarantee that the ledger is accurate. Ensure that all financial transactions in the General Ledger are thorough and accurate, and that all reconciliations are completed on time.
- Prepare financial statements and reports on a quarterly and annual basis in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards and other relevant accounting concepts and principles.
- Maintain the Finance Lease schedule and make sure all covenants, administrative requirements, and obligations are met. Ensure that the linked transactions are recorded in a timely and correct manner.
- Detailed processes and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) covering job functions should be developed, implemented, and updated. Create a Finance Control Framework (FCF) and a Risk Assessment and Control Index (RACI) matrix.
- To guarantee smooth internal and external audit procedures, prepare all audit schedules as requested by auditors and investigate and swiftly reply to all audit queries. Follow up on all concerns relating to internal and/or external audits, as well as other inquiries (pre and post audit). Financial audits from government, tax, and other regulatory authorities are included. Put the suggestions into action.
- To verify the incidence, correctness, completeness, and proper classification of transactions, provide an impartial check and monitor expenses and revenues flowing from present and prospective contracts.
- Liaise with the Tax Department to ensure that tax obligations are correctly computed, including tax analysis of current and future tax laws, as well as the tax implications of proposed Company initiatives.
- Close out the books on a monthly and quarterly basis:
- Ensure that monthly financial transactions are accurately and timely recorded.
- Ensure that unpaid services are accrued in accordance with appropriate accounting ideas and practices in any given month.
- Reconcile inter-company accounts on a regular basis with stakeholders.
- Ensure that all allocated balance sheet GL accounts are cleared and reconciled on a monthly basis, as well as that monthly proofs of accounts are presented for inspection and approval.
- Ensure that accounting records are filed, stored, and retrieved in a proper and orderly manner. Assist in the maintenance of financial and accounting records.
- Have a minimum of a Second Class Upper (2.1) Division university first degree in accounting or a finance related area.
- Have an ICAN, ACCA, CIMA, or CFA professional accounting qualification.
- Have a minimum of 4 years of experience in a finance-related profession after graduation.
- An advantage will be gained if you have similar experience in the Maritime or Logistics industries.
- Be knowledgeable with accounting and financial reporting.
- Good communication, bargaining, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Being a self-starter is a great trait to have.
- Be able to communicate well in English.
Application Closing Date
The deadline for applications is April 10th, 2022.
How to Make an Application
Candidates who are interested and qualified should apply online by clicking here.
- Upload your CV and other papers to the online application form.
- Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
- False information given during or after the application procedure will result in the candidate’s disqualification (s).