The School of Engineering and Sciences of Tecnologico de Monterrey and the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of the University of Ottawa invite applications for doctoral studentships in nanotechnology under a double Ph.D. degree program.
The Phd positions are for theoretical and experimental studies within the fields listed below and involve research stays at both universities.
- nanophotonics and nano-optics
- optical metamaterials and applications
- biochemical nano-sensors using optical techniques
- advanced nonlinear optical microscopy
Selected candidates will work under the joint supervision of Prof. israel De Leon (Tecnologico de Monterrey and Prof. Peme Berini University of Ottawa
Successful applicants will ideally have graduated or due to graduate with an M.Sc in Physics, Engineering physics, photonics, Nanotechnology Electrical Engineering or related subjects.
- Why You Should Consider Graduate School — Pursuing a PhD abroad
- How To Write A Good CV For your Application
- UK Universities that accept HND and 3rd class for Masters in 2022
- Top Ten Universities In The US According To The World’s Prestigious Rankings
- Application Fee waiver for international students: How to make the most of it.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team Excellent communication sks in the English
- language both written and spoken Solid background in physics and optics electromagnetic
- Intenest in leaingappying concepts of lightmatter interactions at the nanoscale.
- Candidates must satisfy the acceptance requirements of the Ph.D. programs for both universities.
The selected candidates will receive financial support to assist with tuition and ling expenses for the extent of the program.
Application and Information
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to
Prof Israel De Leon firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Ph.D program, please contact prof. lael De Leon via email or visit the following website