Government of Mauritius Scholarships for Africans 2022 |Fully Funded
According to the requirements, the Government of Mauritius awards scholarships to deserving students who are citizens of African Union or African Commonwealth member nations (below). The application period for the Government of Mauritius’s African scholarships for 2022 is now open.
During their studies in Mauritius, the Scholarship will assist successful candidates in paying their tuition fees and contributing to their living expenses. Furthermore, the scholarship includes a return flight on the most cost-effective route. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the start of the studies and back to the country of origin after the studies have been completed successfully.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Government of Mauritius
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
- Host Institution(s): The Government of Mauritius
- Scholarship Worth: Full Funding (Amount not stated)
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Nationality: International Students
Eligibility Criteria for the Government of Mauritius Scholarships for Africans 2022 |Fully Funded
- Applicants for undergraduate programs must be at least 18 years old and not have reached their 26th birthday by August 22, 2022.
- By August 22, 2022, applicants for Master’s programs should not have reached the age of 35, and applicants for PhD programs should not have reached the age of 40.
- Applicants must have applied for a full-time on-campus program (Diploma, Degree, Master’s, or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (mentioned in Section 8 of the relevant Guidelines for Applicants) for the academic year beginning in 2022.
- The scholarship will last for the maximum amount of time given in the table below, or for the minimum amount of time indicated in the course description, whichever is less.
- Three (3) years for a bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor’s Degree: four (4) years
- 2 years for a master’s degree
- MPhil / PhD: Four (4) years plus six (6) months for the MPhil to PhD transition.
- Three (3) years for a PhD.
Procedures for submitting an application
How-to-Apply: Scholarship applications for the Government of Mauritius must be submitted electronically. The documents listed below can be downloaded from the websites http://education.govmu.org and http://highereducationmauritius.com.
- Guidelines for Applicants: This paper offers vital information on the scholarship’s terms and circumstances, the application process, and a list of public Mauritius Higher Education Institutions that offer full-time on-campus studies.
- Application form: (Applicants are encouraged to fill out the form electronically before printing it): Only the completed application form can be used to apply for the scholarship. The Nominating Agency in the applicant’s country of citizenship should endorse and complete Section 5 of the application form.
For a final selection, applications should be sent to the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Mauritius at the address listed below, together with any relevant supporting papers.
Level 2, MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544, Senior Chief Executive, Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology (Attn: Tertiary Education and Scientific Research Division). Study Mauritius (email: email@example.com) is a project of the Republic of Mauritius.
Application Closing Date
For October intake: Application deadlines for electronic submissions is 15th August 2022
Deadline for submission of hardcopy is 22nd August 2022, respectively.
For further information, go to the official page here.