- The UK government announced in December, 2021 that additional care workers could be recruited to boost the adult social care workforce, and added to the Shortage Occupational List. In This Post, I will explain How To Migrate To UK And Get A Job As A Health Worker
This means that there’d be recruitment internationally for healthcare assistants into the UK on the Health and Care Worker Visa and any individual who fulfills the requirements below can come and work as a healthcare assistant in the UK!
- As this is on a Tier-2 /work visa, this means that anyone being recruited would have the option of bringing their family, as well as be eligible for permanent residency if they choose to remain in the UK:
- While the process is still new, and modalities are still being churned out, here are certain steps you could take in preparation:
A. Get an International Passport. Without one, you can’t leave Nigeria.
B. Have proof of knowledge of English either through the following:
- IELTS Academic UKVI/OET
- having a degree-level academic qualification that was taught in English – if you studied abroad, you’ll need to apply through Ecctis (formerly UK NARIC) for confirmation that your qualification is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD through the link below:
- having a GCSE, A level, Scottish National Qualification level 4 or 5, Scottish Higher or Advanced Higher in English, gained through study at a UK school that you began when you were under 18.
For more information on the documents you must provide:
C. Search for the regulatory bodies responsible, and verify your documents with them. Most Care Agencies need to have your documents verified as a diploma at the level of NVQ3.
To do this, you’d need to undergo courses equivalent to NVQ 3: https://www.reed.co.uk/courses/level-3-nvq-health-and-social-care
Or, have a health certificate verified: https://www.ecctis.com/visasandnationality7
D. Apply for jobs crazily, to get a certificate of sponsorship from an employer. You have to be quite resilient and determined because the competition is tense.
Below is a list of care homes/agencies recruiting:
These offers are great for anyone willing to transition into healthcare, Nurses who haven’t passed IELTS and would still want to enter the UK, and anyone seeking for legitimate opportunities to migrate to the UK.