In recent time, we witnessed the migration of health workers like Doctors, Nurses, and Pharmacists to overseas especially to the Uk and the United States, we also observed that there is a special kind of visa meant for them, which makes it easy for them to live and work overseas, nevertheless, there is another kind of Visa made specially for people in technology otherwise known as techies, this visa is called The Global Talent Visa.
The Tech Nation Visa, officially known as the Global Talent Visa, enables the brightest and best tech talent from around the world to come and work in the UK’s digital technology sector, contributing their cutting-edge expertise, creativity, and innovation to maintaining the UK’s position at the forefront of the global digital economy.
The Tech Nation Visa is for founders and employees with technical or business backgrounds, including all tech sub-sectors like fintech, AI, cyber, and games. The visa is valid for up to 5 years, enabling you to work, change employers, or be self-employed, without the need for further authorization. The Tech Nation Visa can be extended to your immediate family members and after the initial visa period, you can either apply for an extension or permanent settlement in the UK. If you are a talented or promising individual and want to work in the UK’s digital technology sector, the Tech Nation Visa is for you
There is a global talent shortage in the world today hence, fast rising countries like USA, UK, Germany, Australia are looking for global talent in the tech field that will take charge. These countries understand that the future is Technology driven so they hope to position themselves to take advantage of this technological future, for this position to happen, they need Tech expert all over the world tp help build this kind of future, the question remains What talents do they need?. The talents/skills needed for this kind of Visa are divided into two.
- Technical Skill/Talent
- Business Skills
- Example Of Technical Skills
- DevOps / SysOps engineers
- Principal software engineers/developers
- Experienced data scientists/data engineers
- Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language
- Processing and Machine Learning experts (AI, NLP, ML)
- Cybersecurity experts
- Hardware engineers
- Experienced front-end developers
- Operating systems engineers
- Experienced video game developers
- Experienced UX/UI designers
- Experienced Mobile App developers
- Experienced back end developers leading development of, or contributing heavily to major new technologies or open-source projects (e.g. blockchain, Scala, Golang, Elasticsearch etc)
- CTO or VP engineering experience managing teams of in-house employees at a growing digital business
- Virtual and augmented reality developers
- Product Designers
- Examples Of Business Skills
- Experience of leading substantial VC investment over £25m GBP
- Experience as a commercial/business lead (P&L, growth, sales and distribution strategy) in a digital business
- Experience of expanding or growing a significant product-led digital technology business
- Sector-specific experience e.g. payment infrastructure in FinTech / international expansion in EdTech etc.
- Solution sales experts
- Experienced Product Manager
- SaaS or enterprise sales leadership for digital services
- Solution sales skills performed for a growing B2B digital business (i.e. not big-company experience)
- Performance marketing experts, performed in house for digital businesses
- Experienced and senior VC or PE analysts with track records of leading investments in digital businesses
- Experience as C Suite in a SMEs + (CEO, CMO, CIO) or head of operations for a digital business
If you know a move to the UK is something you want for your technology career, now or in the future, it’s a great idea to get to know the criteria and begin pursuing the kinds of accolades they will be looking for. Broadly, you need evidence of your innovation and contribution to digital technology so published articles, research, and awards will all help your application. In other words, you must be able to show that you know your thing, you do no need many years of experience.
For example, during my research, I came across this bank in Uk, it Is called Monzo just like we have Kuda bank in Nigeria. When you got to their careers page, you will find some interesting stuff, they have some interesting vacancies. They are hiring Developers and Product designers and Data scientists from all over the world. If you check below, you will find out that asides the interesting salary, one beautiful thing is that just like Monzo, most of these companies will help you to relocate to the Uk. So what is the next step after reading this?
- Learn A Technology Skill and a Tech skill that is relevant (Product Management and Product Design) you can read up to see the skills needed to qualify for this Global Talent Visa.
- Get a work experience, Volunteer, Intern,do Low Earning job to boost your work experience in that field.
- Apply For Jobs Locally and Internationally
For more information on the Global Talent Visa, click on the following link
For more Relocation and scholarship post, click Here