Marketing Specialist at EM-ONE Energy Solutions Limited
EM-ONE is a West African engineering, technology, and consulting organization with more than a decade of experience providing sustainable energy solutions and smart power infrastructure. Over 400 solar microgrids have been built with the help of donors, private sector actors, and top technological partners for both rural communities and commercial and industrial uses. Our work assists businesses of all sizes in increasing efficiency, utilizing clean technologies, and developing new and creative energy services.
Data gathering and analysis, viability research, and behavioral evaluation consulting engagements in Africa’s energy sector are on the rise. These encounters necessitate a new mindset and skill sets that go beyond technical proficiency. This will necessitate using both business and technological expertise to examine the situation.
We’re looking for someone to fill the following position:
- Job Title: Marketing Specialist
- Company: EM-ONE Energy Solutions Limited
- Location: Abuja (FCT), Nigeria
- Job type: Full-time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing
Job Description of the Marketing Specialist at EM-ONE Energy Solutions Limited
- Are you a brand builder with a love for technology and the environment? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, high-accountability environment? If that’s the case, we’re looking for you!
- We are a group of technology and energy professionals at EM-ONE, and our mission is to change Africa’s old power models into decentralized, low-carbon, and digitalized energy systems.
- Over the last five years, we’ve become industry pioneers, designing and constructing over 400 solar microgrids in Nigeria that serve communities, businesses, and industries with reliable, affordable, and sustainable electricity.
- We have a good reputation and are looking forward to new opportunities. We’re seeking for a competent individual who can link our outside image with our inner desire to help us reach the next stage of our development.
- Our ideal candidate would be stationed in Abuja and will collaborate closely with our Toronto headquarters. They will be familiar with the renewable energy business, as well as digital marketing platforms, and will be at ease working in a fast-paced setting.
- We’re searching for someone to help us raise our profile in the sustainable energy market and reach out to new audiences around the world.
- This is the place for you if you are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who genuinely appreciates establishing a brand and are willing to put in the hours to make a difference.
The Marketing Specialist will ensure that our brand messaging is clear and consistent across a range of marketing platforms that produce results. Among their roles will be:
- Creating and implementing multi-channel initiatives that are in line with the company’s growth goal – assisting with lead development, strategic messaging, and relationships
- Creating content for social media, the website, public relations, and email
- Analyzing the impact of current marketing strategies so that they can be adjusted and optimized
- EM-strategic ONE’s engagement prospects are being advised on (eg. events, meetings, speeches, media interviews)
- EM-written ONE’s leadership’s communications are being drafted and finalized (eg. remarks, written interviews, op-eds, speeches, quotes, talking points)
- Attending industry events on our behalf (eg. conferences, seminars, etc.)
- Presenting concepts and final deliverables to internal and external teams, as well as engaging with top executives about marketing initiatives, plans, and budgets.
- advising internal teams on communication and branding protocols
- Working with internal and external resources to develop marketing materials.
Our Marketing Specialist must be innovative, appreciate working in a startup setting, and be willing to go deep into the topic of sustainable energy and energy access. Their credentials should contain the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or a closely related field is required.
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities. The ability to communicate difficult ideas in a straightforward, direct, and dynamic manner.
- Proven track record of creating and implementing marketing strategy and campaigns across several media.
- Visual collateral that is minimalist, modern, and successful has been proven in the past.
- Strong organizational abilities, as well as the ability to meet tight deadlines and effectively manage many responsibilities.
- With an eye for originality and a mind for metrics, I’m a marketing mind with a creative streak.
- Proven media relations experience and a grasp of communications and outreach that will appeal to both business and public sector audiences on a global scale.
- An advantage is having knowledge of sustainable development, energy, energy transitions, and energy access.
- Microsoft Office, social media channels, and social media monitoring and marketing automation tools are all skills that you should have (Buffer etc).
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other Adobe Creative Suite programs are required.
- Passionate, self-assured, and professional communicator
- Committed to excellence – consistently fulfill duties at the greatest level possible.
- Adaptable and innovative
- Team player — having experience and a team-oriented approach.
- In leading and empowering others, demonstrates initiative and role model conduct.
- Takes responsibility for his or her own job activities and follows through on agreed-upon commitments.
- Plans and arranges their own work in order to help the team achieve its goals.
- Has strong research abilities and advocates for data-driven decision-making.
Application Closing Date
Candidates who are interested and qualified should email their cover letter, curriculum vitae, and portfolio of work to:
utilizing the job title as the email’s subject