Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-oriented Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ results orientation
￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation and distribution of medications, maintaining the drug inventory, and maintaining patient and pharmacy records in a manner consistent with the clinical guidelines, as well as pharmacy policies and procedures.
• To uphold Marie Stopes mini clinic/pharmacy policies and procedures, principles and responsibilities, and applicable state, federal and local laws.
• Exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, and co-workers.
• Show courtesy, compassion, and respect to all within the mini clinic/pharmacy environment, providing a safe and therapeutic environment for patients and staff.
Product and Stock Management
The Pharmacy technician will support with the following:
• Generate comprehensive drug formulary, out of stock and advise monthly as necessary with the state pharmacist on prompt procurement.
• Support with enlisting and coding of all products on point-of-sale system software.
• Ensure procurement of registered pharmaceutical products and with long expiry.
• Follow guidelines based on regulatory standards on procurement of relevant stock and storage.
• Supervise and manage the Pharmacy inventory system by mastering and utilizing deployed digital solutions.
• Support the preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly facility performance sales reports in assigned pharmacy.
• Must contribute to the achievement of set sales target for pharmaceuticals and services at assigned mini clinic/pharmacy.
• Must possess great client management skills.
• Must possess great patient-counselling skills especially on drug-regimen and possible adverse reactions.
• Work with the medical assistant at pharmacy outlet to deliver on excellent client services.
MSION Behaviours / Core Values / Statement
Attitude / Motivation
• Motivated personally and professionally to develop self and others.
• Maintain client confidentiality.
• Ability to go the extra mile to achieve set targets.
Qualifications and Requisite Skills
• Higher diploma in pharmacy technology with a ground knowledge of healthcare product marketing as relevant.
• Good understanding of the health sector especially in management of pharmacy outlets in clinic settings
• Must be entrepreneurial with proven abilities to run a business, set priorities and to work collaboratively with persons and groups.
• 2-3 years demonstrated technical knowledge and successful expertise in managing a pharmacy.
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills including a robust social engagement skill will be an added advantage.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (particularly Word, Excel and database).