Plant Manager at Bell Oil and Gas limited
Bell Oil and Gas Limited, which was founded in January 2002, has seen extraordinary growth in the Nigerian oil business. The company is a privately held oil services firm founded and owned entirely by Nigerians. Because of our geographical dispersion and technological capabilities, we have easy access to international markets and international lines of credit. Bell Oil & Gas has the reach and resources to supply high quality products and services cost efficiently and on time to point of need, thanks to our extensive industry experience and relationships with a number of prominent foreign companies.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
- Job Title: Plant Manager (Threading & Machining and Valve Assembly & Repairs)
- Reports to: Deputy Managing Director-Operations
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Responsibilities include overseeing the entire plant’s operations. To drive overall profitability and customer satisfaction, supervises all activities within the facility, including team performance, receiving, shipping, and storage, as well as upholding business QHSE requirements.
Plant Manager at Bell Oil and Gas limited | Responsiblities
- Managing overall facility activities and meeting targets with required capabilities and lead time; day-to-day general OCTG machine shop services; bucking services; repairs/refurbishment/maintenance; machining/accessories (pup joints, couplings, cross overs, floats, gears, and so on); working with the Valves Assembly Plant Team Lead to ensure smooth plant operations.
- Oversee the facility’s annual budget preparation and ensure that plans and forecasts are presented on schedule.
- Optimize the facility’s processes to ensure consistent quality and productivity.
- Ascertain that the necessary equipment is on hand and ready to satisfy production requirements.
- Analyze and change work schedules, troubleshoot production issues, deal with quality issues, and manage customer relations
- Manage and handle client requests, as well as ensuring timely delivery of required responses.
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of cost-control and cost-cutting strategies.
- Assist in the hiring, performance management, development, and training of employees to ensure that the team has the skills and talents to meet the company’s goals and objectives.
- Drive employee engagement, foster a good work environment, and implement strategic workforce planning activities at the site.
- Assist in the resolution of disciplinary disputes among employees.
- Assists in the formulation and implementation of plant standard operating procedures (SOPs), as well as continuous process improvement initiatives in quality, productivity, efficiency, capacity, and safety.
- Ascertain that operations are in accordance with business policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular reviews of the procedures’ effectiveness and take action in important areas for service expansion and improvement.
- Ascertain that firm assets are kept safe, well-maintained, and in accordance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Take part in strategy evaluations, internal and external audits, and inventory management.
- Work to decrease HSE hazards and promote safe behaviors on the plant while remaining environmentally conscious.
- To boost creativity and guarantee compliance, stay up to date on information and technology that affects functional areas.
- As needed, provide the DMD with detailed reports on a regular basis.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Holds a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline such as mechanical or electrical in addition to work experience.
- At least 8 years of threading and machine shop experience, with three of those years spent as a manager.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in bucking services, repairs/refurbishment/maintenance, machining/accessories (pup joints, couplings, cross overs, floats, gears, etc.) and leading a team to deliver these services.
- Capability of assisting in the definition of machining/machine shop services.
- Demonstrate commercial knowledge and foresight when it comes to the viability of plants.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of equipment technology, shop procedures, and mechanical and electrical drawing interpretation.
- Very knowledgeable about API
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Working with customers, suppliers, and workers at all levels and roles is a must.
- Knowledge of statutory safety and health standards pertaining to the use of machine tools in a safe manner.
- You must be computer literate.
- A fantastic example to follow
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online