Job Title/Designation: Portfolio Manager – Equities.
Department/Unit: Investment Management.
Directly Reports To: Managing Director, Cordros Asset Management.
Directly Supervises: Investment Management Analysts.
The Portfolio Manager will work closely with relationship managers to manage, monitor, and maintain client portfolios and funds. He/she will develop and research Equity investment ideas for clients perform due diligence on existing investments, and serve as a member of the Investment Committee.
This is a senior role which involves mentoring Investment Management Analysts and other junior investment professionals; and has decision‐making authority and responsibility on clients’ investment matters.
• Critical thinking about macroeconomic investment ideas and forecasting methodology, and the ability to explain and defend those ideas to a broader audience.
• Conducting industry and company specific comprehensive fundamental analysis, including in-depth financial statement analysis.
• Presenting overviews, reports and timely investment recommendations to the Asset Management team, including buy, sell and hold recommendations.
• Developing and implementing investment strategies & asset allocation for individual and institutional investors.
• Collaborating with all team members on the design of investment strategies for all products and services.
• Monitoring trends within the capital market.
• Contributing to the development of policies and processes for portfolio analysis and management, investor reporting and regulatory
• Analyzing investment portfolio data to monitor investment returns and risk
• Participating in investor meetings and calls to provide portfolio
• Providing content proposals to potential
• Serve as an in–house consultant to the sales teams and relationship managers on all products and services.
• Meeting with relationship managers to review and manage client portfolios and investment guidelines.
• Actively participate as a member of the Investment
• Manage projects assigned by the Investment
a) Knowledge Required
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the Global, Domestic Economy and the Nigerian Capital Market.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of various asset classes.
• Sound knowledge of investment and risk management fundamentals.
• Deep technical expertise in research and investment analysis.
• Deep knowledge of asset allocation and portfolio construction.
b) Skills Required
• Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, adept at concise
• Outstanding client relationship development and management
• High degree of Excel proficiency-the ability to create and maintain spreadsheets with
• Proactive problem-solving
• Aptitude for presenting financial information in understandable formats for multiple
• Leadership and People Management Skills.
c) Behavioural Attributes Required
• Ability to work independently and as part of a
• Client first attitude, professional demeanour, personal integrity and an understanding of fiduciary
• Ability to multi‐task and manage time
• Self‐motivated, confident, detail‐oriented, and
• Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as
• Demonstrated ability to design, launch and scale new projects and
• Minimum of a Second Class Lower Bachelor’s Degree in either Economics, Statistics, Banking and Finance or Business Administration from an accredited university.
• An MBA or related Masters’ Degree will be an added advantage.
• ACS, ACA or CFA Certifications will also be an added advantage.
• 8–10 years industry experience, of which 6 years must have been spent in investment/portfolio/funds management