Senior Accountant at Paga Nigeria
Paga is a regulated financial services firm and a prominent payments company in Nigeria with a large revolutionary mission: to make money accessible and usable for one billion people. It was created on the basic notion that the widespread use of mobile phones could be used to create an ecosystem that allows individuals to send and receive money digitally, allowing everyone to have easy access to money.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Senior Accountant
- Location: Yaba, Lagos
- Department: Finance
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Minimum Experience: Experienced
- Sector: Consumer Finance
- Grade Level: Senior Accountant – Grade 8
- Report to: Finance Manager
Job Summary of the Senior Accountant at Paga Nigeria
- Paga is looking for a Senior Accountant that is passionate, self-motivated, and experienced to join our team! You will keep financial records, generate reports, and update financial information as the Senior Accountant. You should be familiar with accounting methods and have used accounting software applications before (like SAP and Oracle).
- The ideal candidate will be able to handle business transactions, accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, receipts, management accounting, and other financial problems. It is necessary to have prior accounting experience.
- Analyze financial data and provide a summary of the financial situation.
- Identify flaws and make recommendations to enhance efficiency and spending.
- Monitor financial actions at the conclusion of the month. All steps of the closing process should have deadlines that are assigned and enforced. Assist and participate in the year-end closing process.
- Accounting and management of fixed assets
- Inventory control and accounting will be expanded to include daily analysis to anticipate possible issues with the goal of eliminating obsolete stock.
- Oversee the completion of internal and external audits.
- Take charge of the prepayment and accrual transactions’ application and accounting.
- At month’s end, you’re in charge of handling payroll journals.
- Assist the Finance Manager with portfolio management and accounting for the company’s investment portfolios.
- Ensure tax compliance and timely payment
- Management of loans and grants from the point of origin to the point of repayment
- Monthly management report must be completed on time and accurately for supervisor evaluation.
- Ensure that all financial regulations are followed.
- For financial statements, adhere to the International Financial Reporting Standard.
- Contribute to the department’s goal-setting process.
- Produce and deliver error-free ad-hoc accounting reports.
- 6-years’ experience in accounting, auditing, or a finance-related job is required.
- Expertise in data and financial analysis
- A chartered accountant (ACCA or ICAN) with at least 3-years post-qualification experience in Finance, Accounting, or other related discipline is required.
- Experience with Nigerian tax administration and regulation is a plus.
- Excel, PowerPoint, and other accounting applications are examples of advanced computer software skills.
- The obligatory NYSC must have been fulfilled.
Competencies to Look For:
- A high level of motivation and attention to details
- Time management and prioritization abilities are essential.
- A keen eye for detail and an inquisitive mind
- initiative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to keep personal information private and stay unobtrusive at all times
- Without supervision, be able to work and deliver within a deadline.
- IFRS standards are well-understood.
- Ability and ability to constantly meet deadlines
- Integrity and a high ethical standard on a personal level
- Ability to calculate, post, and maintain financial records has been demonstrated.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask High analytical skills
- Mentoring and training junior employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to function as part of a larger group of people at various levels
- Excel and accounting software are examples of intermediate computer software skills.
- Communication and persuasion skills with senior stakeholders
- Decisiveness, sound judgment, and excellent organizational skills are all required.
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
Closing Date for Applications
How to Make an Application
Candidates who are interested and qualified should apply online by clicking here.