Here is what you need to know about the ongoing University of Otago Scholarship Program. In this article, I will outline the aims and criteria for how you can apply for the International Students Scholarships at the University of Otago in New Zealand.
The Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for International Students provides a NZ$10,000 contribution towards the tuition fee on an eligible programme.
This scholarship will be awarded to all eligible international students who are offered a place in an eligible programme and will be starting full-time, full-year undergraduate study for the first time at a New Zealand university in 2023 or 2024.
Students must meet the following requirements:
- International students who are not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents or resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia*; and
- Have gained university admission through:
- Completion of Year 12 and/or completion of – or in the process of completion of – Year 13 at a New Zealand school or an equivalent foundation-level course at a New Zealand tertiary institution
- Completion of an internationally recognised qualification in New Zealand or at an overseas high school, such as A Levels, International Baccalaureate, or ATAR, or
- Are subject to paying international tuition fees and
- Are eligible to apply for and intend to enrol for full-time study in the first year of an eligible programme.
Note: * Australian citizens and permanent residents may be eligible for this scholarship if they are unable to reside in New Zealand at the time of study, as they would then be subject to paying international fees.
How To Apply For The University of Otago Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, New Zealand
Are they interested and qualified? Go to otago.ac.nz to apply.