Here is what you need to know about the ongoing University of Otago Scholarship Program. In this article, I will outline the aims and criteria for how you can apply for the International Students Scholarships at the University of Otago in New Zealand.
Masters’ scholarships are awarded by the University Council, on the recommendation of the Senate, to candidates in the first year of their thesis research for a Master’s degree, which constitutes entry to the PhD course at this University. These scholarships are available only to students seeking their first research-based Master’s qualification.
Doctoral and Masters’ scholarships will be awarded on the basis of:
- The applicant’s academic record:
- In the case of an applicant for a doctoral scholarship who has completed a Master’s degree by papers and thesis (at least 0.75 EFTS), the grades of all relevant advanced level papers counting towards the award of the degree and the thesis will be considered. An explanation of the time taken to complete the thesis may be requested and evaluated by the Scholarships and Prizes Committee if the theory has taken more than 2 EFTS (2 full-time years) to complete.
- In the case of an applicant for a scholarship without a Master’s degree, including a thesis, the grades of all relevant advanced-level papers counting towards the award of the applicant’s most relevant degree will be considered.
- In the case of applicants whose prior qualifications have been awarded by other universities, the University shall calculate a GPA score using what it considers to be the most relevant papers and grades provided on the applicant’s academic transcripts.
- The calculation will not consider a certificate of Proficiency and Pass/Fail papers.
- The applicant’s potential for, or record of, research.
- The advice, recommendation and/or ranking of the relevant Head of Department.Eligibility for doctoral and Masters’ scholarships:
- Unless otherwise stated in these conditions or within the schedule, doctoral and Master’s scholarships are open to Domestic Fee Paying Students only. International candidates studying for professional doctorates are eligible to apply, but if awarded a scholarship, the tuition fee waiver will be capped at the domestic rate.
- In the case of applicants for a doctoral scholarship, confirmation of the scholarship is dependent on approval of their application for admission to the relevant doctoral programme and completion of the enrolment procedure.
- In the case of applicants for a Master’s scholarship, confirmation of the scholarship depends on approval of their application to register as a Master’s candidate and completion of the enrolment procedure.
How To Apply For The University of Otago International Master’s Research Scholarship
Are they interested and qualified? Go to otago.ac.nz to apply.