Here is what you need to know about the ongoing University of Otago Scholarship Program. In this article, I will outline the aims and criteria for how you can apply for the International Students Scholarships at the University of Queensland in Australia.
The Australian Government funds earmarked scholarships to assist PhD students with living costs and tuition fees. These scholarships allow PhD students to contribute to large projects of national significance and work with leading researchers.
Living stipend of $32,192 per annum tax-free (indexed annually), your tuition fees covered, and Single Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree:
- With completed courses that aim to develop research skills (minimum value of #1 unit, e.g. 50 per cent of a #2 unit course), and/or
- The completion of a supervised research project that includes an individually graded written report with a combined minimum course volume equal to #4 units at UQ.
- Scholarly papers involving a substantial contribution as an author, appearing in recognised academic journals or in volumes published by recognised academic publishers.
- Research or technical reports prepared for industry, government or business, which adhere to the broad conventions of academic publishing (i.e. contain an up-to-date review of relevant literature, a description of relevant research methods and an evaluation of results, etc.) and identify you as a significant contributor.
- A portfolio of published creative work together with published critical discussion of some or all of that work, or of a comparable body of work by others, and which demonstrates your development of a scholarly approach to creative work as research investigation.
- Demonstrable industry or work experience where you can demonstrate that you have planned and executed a project, working with a high level of independence.
How To Apply For The University of Queensland Earmarked Scholarships Program, Australia
Are they interested and qualified? Go to scholarships.uq.edu.au to apply.